I first heard the harp as an impressionable toddler and have been in love with it ever since.
Since starting harp lessons at the age of 11 in 2002, I've continued to follow that passion throughout my studies at The Juilliard School: Precollege Division, The University of Michigan, and the University of Illinois, culminating with my Master of Music in Harp Performance and Literature degree.
My primary event harp, newly purchased in November 2017, is made by the prestigious Italian manufacter "Salvi." Their luxurious, luminous sound and masterful craftmanship led to a custom commission for the Royal British Family: they made the official harp for The Prince of Wales.
My own Salvi instrument is a lovely Gilded Iris (Limited Edition) with a rosewood veneer and a rich, world-class sound.
I have worked to cultivate full, romantic sound to entrance and dazzle my audience. In the relatively recent past, music for the harp has bloomed into an diverse and flamboyant range of styles, and I love to explore the musical possibilities they present.
Harp History Timeline:
Seminar Events and Travel:
MPULSE: The Harp Institute at U-MI with Lynne Aspnes
The Practical Harpist @ The Eastman School of Music in NYwith Kathleen Bride
The Somerset Folk Harp Festival in NJ
2014 Illinois Summer Harp Class (iSHC) at the U-IL
2002: Began Harp Studies at Age 11 with Laura Majestic
2005: Attended and graduated from The Julliard School: Pre-College Division in Harp Performance; taught by Bridget Kibbey.
2013: Graduated from the University of MI with a Bachelor of Music with Highest Honors and Creative Writing Minor; taught by Joan Holland.
2015: Graduated from the University of IL with a Master of Music in Harp Performance and Literature; taught by Dr. Ann Yeung
2015 Summer: Permanently moved to Metro-Detroit Michigan (along with two Maine Coons and my now-husband!)
Accomplishments and Notable Performances:
- Solo recitals
- Multi-artist/discipline performances incl. dance performances/chamber music
- Solo harpist for the Grosse Ille "Boar's Head Festival," a medieval musical performed once every four years with a cast of over 600.
- Solo harpist with Ken Medema to perform his cantata "The Weaver," featuring the composer himself.
- Orchestral/ensemble experience with:
- The Juilliard School in Manhattan, NY
- The Metropolitan Detroit Chorale, MI
- The Faith Community Presbyterian Church Choir, MI
- The University of Michigan, MI
- The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
- The Eastern Illinois Orchestra
- The Sagamon Valley Community Orchestra
- ....and other additional locations in MI, IL, VA, OH, NY, and NJ.
- *1st Place, Plucked Strings Division, Wagner College Young Musicians' Competition Staten Island, NY, 2004
- *1st Place, Plucked Strings Division, Wagner College Young Musicians' Competition Staten Island, NY, 2005
- * Principal Harp, North Jersey Regional High School Orchestra.
- * Principal Harp, Sussex County Youth Orchestra.